This week your baby weighs a little over 4 pounds (heft a pineapple) and has passed the 17-inch mark. He’s rapidly losing that wrinkled, alien look and his skeleton is hardening. The bones in his skull aren’t fused together, which allows them to move and slightly overlap, thus making it easier for him to fit through the birth canal. (The pressure on the head during birth is so intense that many babies are born with a conehead-like appearance.) These bones don’t entirely fuse until early adulthood, so they can grow as his brain and other tissue expands during infancy and childhood. (www.babycenter.com)
By popular demand, I am going to start posting pictures of me each week with these updates. Yay, pictures of me looking oh so good! However,I am going to have to post this weeks picture later tonight because I don’t have my camera cord with me.
33rd week thoughts:
1. Baby Tater is moving all the time and it’s a lot of fun to keep up with him.
2. We are all signed up at our daycare of choice and baby Tater will start going in January 2009. However, I’ve noticed a new daycare being built a few blocks from my house….. and I’m considering switching if it is as nice as the one I’m signed up for….so many choices!
3. Baby Tater has hiccups all the time.
4. This past week, my lower back has started aching especially at night.
5. I had a doctor’s appointment yesterday and everything looks great. I was so excited about only gaining 24lbs since the start of my pregnancy that I celebrated with a candy bar and cookies. Maybe next time I should find a different way to celebrate!